Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blessings Beyond Measure

So many exciting life events to recount since my last blog. All these make it hard to get down to writing, but I do want to stay in touch.

Maybe I can remember best if I go from present to past:
Yesterday I had the privilege of accompanying pony club members to a corn maze. Wouldn't you know it would be the biggest in the world? Great experience for this directionally challenged Midwesterner.

Friday was a blast from the past with a visit from Naperville friends, Debbie and Dick Simmers. Their daughter and twin grandchildren spent the day with us at Denver Botanical Gardens and touring downtown. It was especially fun getting to know 15 month old, Jessica and Brendan.
Thursday, Ash and I had the most awesome trail ride around the Zuma's Rescue Ranch property. My new girlfriend, Zoie, carried me in fine style as we enjoyed seeing the gorgeous ranch and watching a full moon rise over the mountains.
Wednesday, a young friend, who is in film school used my home as the location for one of her short films and then we spent the evening at church and Walmart. It was a fun day all around.

The weekend before we all were gifted by a friend of a friend with a wonderful cabin in the woods. Friends, hiking, eating and enjoying nature barely describe how amazing a treat this turned out to be.

The Sunday before I tried my hand or paddlle at a river kayaking class. Uh, well, it was one of the hardest things I have done lately. I didn't realize most of the class would be spent learning wet exits, rolling, t-rescues and more. Yikes!! I, also, didn't really expect to ever need to use this. However, I had to do it for real after I rolled unexpectedly and truly thought my life was ending in that lake. Believe it or not, after all that I wouldn't mind trying it again. Call me crazy!!

As I look forward to fall, we have more adventures ahead. Most exciting is the birth of a grandson, scheduled for October 12, 2010. All is progressing well and I expect to be there to welcome him to our family. Amanda and John are such good parents to our special, Sydney, so we have another young child who will be so blessed.
Life is grand. Thank you, God.

No comments: