Sunday, February 06, 2011

Traveling from 2010 to 2011

Goodness, gracious it has been a long time since I have blogged. What better time than when everyone else is watching the Super Bowl, there is snow on the ground in Denver, and it is a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Realizing the last time I wrote was after Elijah's birth, I do have some backtracking to do. This little, big guy will be 4 months old on February 9. I was able to spend Thanksgiving in CA so since Ash and Mike couldn't go, too, we had a CO meal and a CA meal. Suffice it to say, we are all on Weight Watchers now.

Having been in CA in November, we waited to return until January. Ash, Mike, and I celebrated Christmas California style. It included much playing outside with our precious Sydney, lots of Elijah holding and bouncing, an all day trip to Disneyland, movies, games and FOOD. Yes, we are all on Weight Watchers.
We did manage a hike in Malibu, which was gorgeous, that ended with a delicious seaside, seafood dinner. Yes, we are all on WW.
It is always so tough to leave the CA fam and this time was no different. Mike left a few days before Ash and I did. Then when Ash and I left, we upset Syd terrribly, so we were both teary eyed as we boarded the flight to Denver.

Luckily, I knew my dear friend, Lorna was almost on her way to CO so I started looking forward to seeing her in a few days. What a great time we had catching up and believe me that involved a lot of chatting. We had a girls' night so she could meet some of my Denver friends, had dinner downtown with Ash and Mike, spent a day at Zumas Rescue Ranch, and even made it to church before she headed back to Chi town. We even made some exciting future plans. There will be more on those in months to come:)




I saved the best for last:MY GRANDCHILDREN!

2 comments:

Manda said...

Great post!! Those kids got some good looks from their Yaya! What a fantastic holiday season we had together. Love you!

Lily of the Valley said...

Enjoyed reading your update.