Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ending 2009 Beginning 2010

The Christmas holidays were ones to remember. We began some new traditions. Ash, Mike, and I celebrated as if Christmas was Decemeber 17. One of the best parts for me is that they prepared the Christmas casseroles, which were delicious. There are so many rewards to getting older such as seeing your children mature into amazing adults.

Then we parted ways for a while with Ash taking off to spend 10 days in LA while Mike and I worked. Then Mike joined her and I soon followed.

Celebrations continued in sunny Cali. Now that's the life. Sydney is so much fun and soooooooo busy. The tag team was put in play, and she still kept 5 adults on their toes. What a girl!! We were able to spend a lovely Christmas eve with John's parents and enjoy Christmas day opening lots of toys.


Syd loves being outdoors. Thankfully weather in LA permits for lots of that and rides in her wagon. She likes telling her mom to "walk" if the wagon wheels stop.


My visit was shorter than Ash's and Mike's because of my Goodwill job, but that's okay because I do really enjoy it. It has become quite social since we have may regulars that line up outside every morning. I have even socialized with several outside of work.


2010 is starting out as an active year. Friends and I are hitting many happy hours because we can eat very well for very little. We are home by 7:30 or 8:00 in time for a few reality tv shows and ice cream before an early bedtime! Denver ROCKS!


The stock show is in town so this week we'll be checking out the Grizzly Rose--a real cowboy dance place. Now that's what the West is all about. I'll be dusting off my cowboy boots.


Yes, Denver rocks and I feel amazingly blessed by an AWESOME GOD, who makes everything possible. I praise and thank Him for this passage in life.

2 comments:

Manda said...

Great post! It really was one of the best Christmases ever. Sydney loved spending time with you all! We'll do it again soon!

smashley said...

Thanks for posting, Mom! Christmas was so great, especially since we had 2! :) Looking forward to another great year in Denver.