Sunday, April 04, 2010

If the Shoe Fits Wear It

Happy Easter. I hope your Easter shoes are a good fit and that you are wearing them today ... remembering that Jesus Christ stood in our shoes so that we can stand in His one day.

Suzy and I have been trying many shoes lately. She was less than thrilled with her snow booties. We didn't make it home from our snowy walk with all of her boots so if you have a 3 legged dog we will be happy to send them to you!
My vintage shoes were not a fit for me either. Not that I don't like the shoes, it is just that the job didn't materialize as I had hoped so I am enjoying a less hectic job schedule that includes many shoes. I find that at this time in my life I need to have flexible soles.


Ash donned her marathon running shoes and hit the streets of LA March 21, 2010 in her first marathon. Mike, Ash, her good friend, Stacy and I headed to CA to cheer her on. She ran the entire 26.2 miles without walking or stopping and to her mother's relief had no injuries or problems other than blisters. Our bonus was that we spent 5 days with Amanda, John, and our beloved Sydney.



Speaking of Sydney, well, this little gal loves her rubber boots and her crocs because they mean she can be outside playing with bubbles and the water hose in her backyard. While visiting we all spent much time with her outdoors. What fun and exercise. She is able to wear out 5 adults.

Last week Ash and I donned our favorite cowboy boots and headed to a nearby stable in Littleton, CO. Well, the smell of that horse manure got us hooked again so we have decided to take riding lessons again. This stable is all about giving. One of their programs involves horse therapy somy hope is that Ash will become a mentor since she has worked in this arena at her previous job.
For Christmas, I gave Ash and Mike a snowshoeing adventure. Of course, I included myself as well. Yesterday we strapped on our snowshoes and took to the mountains. Whow. These are tough shoes to wear when heading uphill. It was a great day of exercise and outdoor fun. Will I wear snowshoes again? Yet to be determined:)
Tomorrow I plan to donn my golf shoes for a weekly spring and summer "Hit and Giggle". We'll see how my golf shoes fit, but my favorite shoes are always those of "Yaya."

1 comment:

Manda said...

Great post! Love the theme of shoes!!