Sunday, March 07, 2010

Words With Friends aka wwf

Words With Friends is my newest, most popular app on my iphone. It is affectionately known in future communiques as wwf for ease in typing and texting. Do not confuse any references by me to wwf to the World Wrestling Federation-no, I have not changed since moving to Denver! If you are into this fun app my wwf name is nanasally, though now my real grandmother name is "Yaya."
Though Syd is a talker she has refused to say nana at least in my presence. When I last visited a few weeks ago she called me "Yaya" several times and thus, I am happily renamed. It is so special to me that I smile all over whenever I think about my new name.

As usual much is happening in the Life and Times of Sally and Suzy. We are as always social creatures so as my job becomes more defined and reworked a little, I have more flexiblity for the month of March so...

Part of this weekend involved caring for my employer's lovely daughter, trips to the airport and helping with the website via blog. I'll send links for it once we are totally up and running. It is attached to
http://www.junqies.net/ which you can view now in its early stages.

Yesterday another friend and I had the privilege of making the flower arrangements for one of the Goodwill employee's wedding receptions. For me, it was a joyful process, and after the wedding a really "good friend" of my friend treated us to a lovely evening at Elway's. This was my first visit there, and I enjoyed the fellowship and food immensely. Thank you, friend of a friend!

Let's see here. Last weekend my good friends, Linwood and Lea, visited from VA. What wonderful friends who are family. It is so grand to be loved and accepted by people who have known one for 41 years! Yikes that number is scary. I am looking forward to more visits from many friends in the future. Selfishly I am excited that Debbie and Dick's fam will be moving to CO Springs so I know Debbie and Dick will be coming to CO to see them and hopefully me, too. Lorna has promised a visit soon so I have much to anticipate.

Ash is running in the LA marathon the end of March so back we all go to Cali to cheer her on and of course, to visit. Hooray for her friend, Stacy coming to support Ash in her first marathon.

This week we plan a snowshoeing adventure so I'll have more to share on that soon.

No comments: